South Africa



We have the understanding that many of our clients have long outstanding debts which were not settled. Our government introduced the EEDBS to assist with this long outstanding increasing debt to all qualifying beneficiaries. Upon approval of the EEDBS subsidy based on the joint house hold income, your outstanding debt is written-off bringing your account to zero. Transfer documents are then prepared and submitted to the appointed conveyancers to affect transfer. The beneficiaries are not burdened with any cost as all transfer costs are settled by the Department of Human Settlements. Upon registration, the title deeds are handed out to each individual at the Human Settlements offices or at a ceremony held by the Minster (MEC).

Certain municipalities have much more strict by-laws and require a section 18(4) certificate before the transfer. The municipality will only issue this certificate upon physical inspection of your property and if your alterations or extension do not have an approved building plan, the transfer will be put on hold until you produce building plans and get them approved or alternatively you may even be requested to demolish the extension.